Saturday, October 8, 2011

Kennedy's Baptism

Kennedy has turned 8 and decided to get baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  She was baptized on October 8th.  Jay, Kennedy, and I went to the Prayer Meeting 20 minutes before the baptismal program began.  President Wilstead was presiding and Bro. Kyle Kimzey conducted.  The program went as follows:
Opening Song - "Teach Me To Walk In The Light"
Opening Prayer by April Sorensen
Baptism Talk by Logan Kimzey
Musical Number by the Baptismal Candidates - "When I Am Baptized"
Holy Ghost Talk by Jace Ellsworth
Our ward was then excused to go to the baptismal font.  Kennedy was the only one in our ward getting baptized so everyone was there just for her (lucky girl)!  Jay baptized her and did a wonderful job!!  After she got changed back into her dress we went into another room where she was given her confirmation.  Those in the circle were:  Jay, Grandpa Dallan, Wes Vaughn, Justin Vaughn, Mike Seely, Cory Pulsipher, Michael Lambert, Mark Adams, John Brannon, Craig Caver, and Carl Wright.  Afterwards we took her out to eat at the Black Bear Restaurant.  All in all, it was a wonderful, spiritual night.  I am so proud of my sweet little girl. She is such an amazing daughter and great example to her little brothers.  I love her with all my heart!!  I don't know what I would do without my KiKi!!  I love you sweetie!!!

No comments: