Saturday, April 13, 2013

Tears, tears, and more tears!!

I guess it really all started when we were told that Jay's family would be taking family pictures.  Daxton and Talen desperately need their hair trimmed and since we were only told about the pictures a couple days before they were supposed to be taken, I didn't have time to find someone I trusted to do the job for me.  (Our usual hair stylist was out of town for the weekend.)  Anyway, I found out that another friend who had cut Talen's hair in the past would be in town and I asked her if she could do the boys hair for me.  Well, I'm not sure if she was distracted because we were chatting, or if she just didn't hear what I wanted done, but after Daxton's "trim" it looked TERRIBLE!!  It was crazy too because Daxton was being so good and sitting so still.  Talen on the other hand was in one of his wiggly moods, but she cut his anyway and it turned out just fine.  So after she left, we tried combing it, we even got him in the bath to see if some water would help, but no such luck!!  I called Cathy because I was pretty upset and I needed someone to just be a listening ear.  She said, "Now, you are pregnant and pretty emotional right now, send me a picture because it really probably isn't as bad as you think it is."  So, I sent the picture.  She immediately called me back and said, "Yea, you need to go get that fixed!"  It was so BAD.  All those beautiful red curls were gone, completely gone!!  I had held on pretty good until then, but this is about the time that the tears started to flow!  Kennedy was so sweet too, because even she knew it was so bad that she started crying too.  So, we all piled into the car and went to the first hair place we could find.  Through the tears, we told the lady that we wanted it longer on top so that we could spike it and just take off the sides.  Again, someone that apparently didn't hear what we asked for!!  She buzzed him!!  My baby is now no longer my baby!!  He still looks cute (doesn't matter if he was bald he would still be cute) but I really, really miss those beautiful curls!!  I guess he had to look like a little boy sooner or later, I was just hoping that we could hold off a bit longer!!
Jay's first look at the "trim".

Not too bad on the sides, but just wait . . . . 

What is a word that means HORRIFIC times 1,000!!!!!!

Meet the "new" Daxton!!

No comments: