Saturday, May 31, 2014
May 2014
Carter had several milestones this month. He got his 3rd tooth (top left) on the 7th and his 4th tooth (top right) on the 11th. He has also been trying to walk ever since Memorial Day and on the 13th he took 3 steps. At only 10 months old, he was my earliest walker! Isn't that just typical, the first child you try and try and try to get them to walk and they take forever, the last child you want to wait and they are the quickest! I hate that my baby is growing up so fast!!! On the 19th, Talen had another appointment with Dr. Such-Neibar. This appointment was actually one of our most productive ones. I was a little discouraged at first because as soon as I arrived at the appointment, Talen started to wiggle. Because he was wiggly, I didn't think that we would be able to do much. So, when they took us back to the room, I tried my hardest to get him to stop, but he just wouldn't. Which, in hindsight, was a good thing because we spent most of the appointment talking about the wiggles. Eventually, Dr. Such-Neibar asked if she could try to examine him even though he was wiggly. I told her that would be fine. As she was looking him over, I told her that the wiggles can start and stop for no reason at all. Just then, she moved his legs and whether he was just unhappy or didn't like her moving him, he started to cry, which stopped the wiggles. As soon as he stop crying I said, "See look, he stopped." She couldn't believe it. She said, "This is no way to live, not for him, not for you. We need to get this under control and get your family to live again." I wanted to cry right there. She expressed the words that I have been feeling for a long, long time. We talked about several options (medication) for trying to minimize the wiggles. We finally decided on Clonazepam. Even though it is a sedative, in smaller doses, it is a muscle relaxant. She gave us free range to play with the dosage and see what works best - get the wiggles to stop, but not knock him out for days. She also talked about acupuncture and acupressure. She said that she would look into it, but it is something to keep in the back of our mind. When I walked away from the appointment, I was so relieved because I finally felt like someone was sincerely trying to help. I just love her!! Dr. Such-Neibar is definitely one of my favorite doctors!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment