We were encouraging Kennedy to enter the St. George City Fall Finale Volleyball Tournament so that she could get in a little more practice before SUVA tryouts in November. She asked several of her friends if they would be able to be her partner, but they all had plans. So, I was her default. Since she was playing with me, we had to enter the women's league instead of the youth league though. There were 7 teams and we played one game to 30. Our first game was our worst, but after that, we did pretty well. We didn't win any (although we should have won at least 2 - just made silly mistakes) but considering that we have never played doubles together before, we were in the womens league, and I was the 2nd to oldest player, I would have to say that we did pretty good. By the end, we were glad that we didn't win any because the top 4 teams advanced into the championships and we were both exhausted and ready to go home. I have to admit, I loved every second of it. I told Jay that I think I enjoyed playing with Kennedy more than she enjoyed playing with me, but that's ok I guess. I am so glad that we were able to do it though because I don't ever recall being able to do anything like that with my mom. So glad for the opportunity to share my love of the game with the girl I love the most!!
Saturday, October 14, 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment