Daxton was so excited to take us to Literacy Night. He has been talking about it for the last week or two. So, when it was time to go, he was thrilled!! Jay had gotten home late for work so he was going to skip it, but on the way to the school Dax said that he was sad that our whole family couldn't go because the book he wrote was about our whole family. So, I immediately called Jay and told him to head down to the school. I've never done a literacy night before so I wasn't sure what to expect. Their theme was Disney, so that's why Dax was in his Ironman costume. They had classrooms set up where teachers were reading stories, rooms for activities, and photo ops in the gym. We started out by going to his classroom where they gave us a paper with Disney jokes and Dax just loved telling us the punch lines! Then we headed to the classroom where he got to read us his story. He was tickled pink to read it to us. I have to admit, we were a little shocked (and slightly horrified) that on the first page it talks about our favorite activities and he wrote "Our family likes to be on electronics". AAhhh, we are bad parents!! Have you ever seen that episode of "Everybody loves Raymond" where the little boy writes a story about the angry family? Yep, I felt a little like the parents in that episode - I need parenting lessons!! The rest of the book was great and Dax was a thrilled that we can to share literacy night with him. I guess the thing I learned most from literacy night was - GET OFF THE ELECTRONICS!!! Love our Daxie-boy!!
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment