Friday, August 31, 2018

AUGUST 2018

     Between Talen's trip up to Primary's and school starting, I am surprised that we were able to get anything else fit into our busy lives.  Kennedy had Pine View Volleyball tryouts at the beginning of the month.  Originally we were told that it would only be 2 days, but at the end of each day, they told them that tryouts would be extended another day.  After 5 full days of tryouts, they finally posted the names of those who made the team.  Kennedy made it!!  It wasn't until school and practice started (that next Monday) that we learned she wouldn't be on the Freshman team, she was bumped up to the Sophomore team!  Then that next Wednesday after practice, I get a text from Kennedy telling me that she is no longer going to be on the Sophomore team, they bumped her up to JV!!  Oh, and by the way, JV and Varsity were leaving the next day for a tournament up in Salt Lake.  Kennedy was super nervous about going because she really didn't know anyone on either the JV or Varsity teams other than the two Seniors that were in our ward.  But, she went anyway and had a blast!  She loves the girls on her team (and the Varsity team) and they accepted her with open arms.  I am so happy that she is with such a good group of girls! (and I still can't believe that she is on the JV team as a Freshman - guess all that hard work is finally paying off!)

     On the 8th I took Carter in to see Dr. Thompson for his yearly checkup and shots.  At 5 years and 1 month old, Carter weighs 39 pounds 14 oz (in the 42 percentile) and is 3'8" tall (63 percentile).  He grew 3 inches taller since last year.  What a big boy I have!!
     On the 14th, Carter had his school assessment with Mrs. Wittwer.  This is so that they can see where the new Kindergartner is at (intellectually) and what areas they need to focus on while in Kindergarten.  Carter was actually quite a bit better than I expected.  He is such a smart little boy.  He knew all his letters and most of his number.  He is reading pretty good and his teacher was quite impressed.  After seeing his classroom and spending some time with his teacher, he seemed very excited to start going to school!
     On the 29th, Daxton and I went down to the school for parent teacher conference.  Daxton's teacher said that he is super smart and doing so well.  He set some goals for himself (learning his money/coins and working on his times tables) and had a treat when we left.  I knew that I liked his teacher, Mrs. Decker, but I really think she is a great fit for Dax.  Now hopefully he can make some good friends in this class since most of his friends ended up in different classes this year.

No comments: