On the 3rd, Daxton and I went to "Great to be 8". He's getting pretty excited to be baptized - and I can't believe that he's almost 8 already!! We have officially set his baptism date for June 1st.
On the 4th, Kennedy went to the dentist - no cavities! Carter had his dentist appointment on the 13th (thanks to Cathy for taking him while I was at the hospital with Talen), he had 2 cavities filled and then had to go back again on the 27th to have his little extra "tumor" thing removed. He was such a trooper, it looked so stinking painful! They totally had to cut open his gums to remove it, but Carter didn't even flinch. In fact, the dentist said that Carter was "the best patient in the world!"
On the 25th, Carter had his parent teacher conference. His teacher said that he is doing great, he just needs to work on subtraction and not mixing lower and capital letters when writing a sentence. When we first started him in Kindergarten, we did it knowing that he was one of the youngest in his class and we might have to have him re-take Kindergarten if he wasn't keeping up with the other kids. So, I asked his teacher how she thought that he was doing and she said that he was totally fine to move on to first grade - turns out that we have another little smarty pants in our family!
Daxton had his parent teacher conference on the 26th. It wen't really well too. Dax is doing fantastic in all areas, but especially in his Language Arts. He is currently at a 4th grade reading level! His teacher said that he was also excelling in Math too! Why am I not surprised?!?! Daxton has always been so stinking smart! I just pray that he can focus on school enough to put all those smarts to good use. I am sure he will, he is such a good boy!!





No comments:
Post a Comment