Wednesday, June 30, 2010
June 2010
Talen started summer school on the 1st. Jay also decided to take classes during Summer semester, so our schedule hasn't changed much other than we have Kennedy at home full time now. I tried to keep her involved in things, so I signed her up for some community classes where they did arts and crafts. She really enjoyed them and they only cost me $1.50 each, SCORE!! We made our first visit to NACD (National Association for Child Development). We dropped Kennedy off at our good friend Nicole Price's house so that she could play with her kids while we went to the appointment. The doctor gave us an interesting perspective. He told Jay to squeeze Talen's arm/leg as hard as he could to see if Talen could feel it. Surprisingly, Talen didn't react at all (and Jay really was squeezing hard). The doctor said that if Talen's brain isn't telling him that his arm is getting hurt, how can it tell him to move it? I can't believe that we had never really heard this before. So, they set us up with a program that we have to do 4 times a day. It is a ton of work, but whatever we have to do to help Talen, I am up for the challenge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment