Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Card & Letter

                                                                                                                                                                
Dear Family & Friends –
What an eventful year - so many good times and fun memories were made!  Jay turned 40 this year and we managed to pull off a surprise party filled with old and new friends.  Work seems to be going pretty good for Jay’s business (painting) and he loves the freedom of being his own boss and setting his own schedule.  In August, he was released from being a Sunday School teacher and called to be a primary teacher for Talen’s class.  We are so blessed to have such a kind, loving, hardworking guy at the head of our family.
I am still doing accounting work from home and am busier than ever.  I thought once the kids were in school things would slow down, but somehow the opposite has happened.  I also had a change in my church calling – I was released as the Nursery Music Leader and called to be the Young Women’s Secretary.  I just love the ladies I serve with and the girls we are over (but I was most excited to be able to attend Kennedy’s very first Girls Camp with her!)  My good friend Dawn convinced me to ride the century (100-mile bike ride) again this year.  Who am I kidding?  There was no convincing involved, I was on board the second she mentioned doing it again – I just love riding!!   But the highlight of my year was my sister visiting from New Hampshire and my good friend Jay visiting from Arizona (we hadn’t seen each other for over 17 years!) 
Kennedy turned 13 this year and is in 7th grade – ahhh, a teenager (please help us)!!!  This year she got braces, performed as one of the orphans in her school play – Annie, was awarded Student of the Year in Social Studies at the end of 6th grade, went to her first Girls Camp, participated in Dixie State University’s volleyball camp, had a piano recital and was awarded the musicality award, made it on SUVA’s volleyball team, played city league volleyball and basketball, and went to her first David Archuleta concert.  She loves to read (Maze Runner series, Hunger Games series, and Divergent series), play the piano, listen to music (mostly Sia and David Archuleta), play volleyball, and hang out with friends.  She is a great big sister and a fantastic babysitter.  We love our KiKi!!
Talen is now 10 and in the 4th grade.  We made 3 trips to Salt Lake this year for doctor appointments and to get his wheelchair adjusted.  In May, he was admitted to the hospital for a couple of days – nothing too bad, just got sick and we couldn’t get him to stop wiggling with his normal medication.  In July, Talen had dental surgery to remove 6-8 teeth (at first the doc said 8, after the surgery he said he pulled 6, there were 7 teeth in the bottle they gave me, and at his follow-up the doc said 8 again, so I’m not really sure how many were taken out!).  This year Talen had 2 firsts – he went on his first field trip (to the All Abilities Park here in St. George) and he rode the school bus for the first time (granted, I was following right behind them in my car the whole way, but still).   Talen absolutely loves school, being read to, slap stick comedy, and his Daddy.  We are so blessed to have him in our family!!
Daxton is 5 and started Kindergarten.  Dax attended soccer camp, basketball camp, and swim lessons this year.  He loves the avengers (mostly the Hulk), making others laugh, paper airplanes, puzzles, “the human boogie” (it’s a weird little dance he does – don’t ask!), playing with friends, singing, dancing, and tormenting his little brother.  He is such a sweetheart and a little pill all at the same time!  Our life would be so boring without our Daxie!
Carter is 3 and just started Preschool.  He also attended swim lessons and finally got to come with us to Wet N Wild this past summer.  He loves Little Einsteins, playing with friends, going to nursery, saying his prayers, riding his bike, and eating candy/sweets.  He can hold his own against his bigger brother and is his mommy’s little shadow.  What a perfect little caboose!
We hope and pray that the coming year will find you and your family blessed beyond words.  Have a very Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year!      Love the Vaughns                                                                                                                            

No comments: