Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Talen graduates from 5th grade

Can I just say that Talen has been so lucky to go to such a fantastic school, with fantastic teachers, and a fantastic principal!!!  Today was his graduation and it was pretty rough for me.  I have so many mixed feelings about him moving away from the Elementary.  It's so hard having him grow up!!  Anyway, before the graduation ceremony, his teacher asked me if I wanted him to participate, which of course I did.  I asked them to just have him go at the end of his class to cause him less anxiety.  The rest I pretty much left if up to them as how to proceed with his gradutation - they know him well enough now to know how he handles different situations.  I guess I should go back, that morning I reminded Jay that it was Talen's graduation and told him to try to make it if he could.  Both Kennedy and Talen overheard me and asked if they could come watch too.  So I picked up Kennedy early from school and checked out Daxton when we got to the elementary.  The program was good, they sang a couple songs then had the kids each go up to the front for their diploma.  They did it by class.  Talen's class was the third (of five) to go into the gym, so I kinda figured they would just do his class third and he would just go at the end of his class.  But, they ended up skipping over his class and having his class go last.  Then when all of the other kids in his class had received their diploma, Principal Staheli got up and gave a little speech.  He talked about how special Talen was and that loud noises bother him.  He asked that they all give him a "quiet" standing ovation.  It was awesome!  I was crying like a baby.  Actually, Staheli was even choking back tears as he spoke.  It was so amazing.  It was a great experience for our family.  I will forever be thankful for Riverside Elementary and the love that they have shown for Talen.  You couldn't find a better school out there if you tried!!


















No comments: