Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter

Some days I am just the worst mom ever!!  With all the hustle and bustle of work, shuttling kids to and from activities, training for my bike ride, and Talen's recent appointments up north - Easter kind of got put on the back burner this year.  It wasn't until Saturday night that Jay and I were finally able to go out and look for Easter outfits.  We got on a new dress for Kennedy (which was a headache in itself - long story short - she didn't like the dress we picked so I took her back to the store to find something she did like.  After tears and trying on every dress in the store, she finally settled on one.) And we got new white church shirts, ties, and suspenders for the boys.  As far as baskets went, we decided to postpone that part of Easter and just give them a movie (Monster Trucks) and some fruit snacks.  Bad idea!!  We both felt so guilty for not getting them proper Easter baskets and Carter said a couple times that he wanted more from the Easter bunny.  So, this year was an Easter fail!!  I sure got some cute pictures after church though.





Our ward also had an Easter get-together.  They fed us hot dogs/hamburgers, salads, chips, and dessert.  There was a huge Easter egg hunt for all the Primary kids.  They were each allowed to find a certain number of eggs.  Carter could hardly contain himself until they finally said it was time to go gather their eggs.  Don't ask me why he only collect yellow eggs, but he had a blast.  I really enjoy our ward, I wish we had more opportunities like this to get to know the people in our ward better.  Good Easter!!



No comments: