Monday, October 5, 2009
NOW I CAN - Day 1
Today was Talen's first day of Physical Therapy at Now I Can. The first day is short because they use it as an evaluation and goal setting day. We got there, had another tour of the facility, and filled out the final paperwork. Sergio and Nicole fit Talen in the Neuro-suit. (I forgot to take my camera in, but I will take pictures of the suit tomorrow.) Talen did so good!!! He didn't even cry until they put the hat part on. They worked his neck muscles a bit, which he absolutely hated. After stretching and working his muscles, they took the suit off. Betsy arrived and she did the official evaluation and set the goals. The main goal is going to be head control and an increase of core strength. They decided it would be a good idea to use Kinesio tape on him. And, oh my goodness, did they put tape on him!! When we left, we were joking that he had so much blue tape on him he looked like a smurf. (The kinesio tape helps pull his muscles so that he uses them correctly without restricting his movement like braces would do.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yay!! I can't wait to hear and see more! Way to go Talen. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment