Friday, October 16, 2009

NOW I CAN - Day 10

Wow, today was a busy day!!! After I took Talen to PT, Cheyenne and I decided to get some Christmas shopping in. So, we spent the next three hours running from store to store. We made it back to Now I Can for Talen's last hour. Just like I expected, Sergio was out sick, so it was just Nicole and a helper. Nicole said that while Talen was in the monkey cage, he wanted to see something, so he braced his weight on his arms and tried really hard with his neck. That is great, because Talen almost never uses his arms. Nicole also said that he is engaging his neck muscles more and more every day. I talked with Joe and he said that Tracey (the owner/manager of Now I Can) said that if we stay the 4th week, she will give it to us at a reduced rate. So, while we were originally planning on skipping the 4th week, I don't think we can pass up such a great deal. So as long as we are both healthy, then it is looking more and more like we will stay the extra week. Now I just need to find lodging, since the place I am in now will be unavailable. After therapy I ran Cheyenne and Talen back to the apartment and I took off to SLC to do a temple session. My family was completing my uncles temple work, so it was nice that I was close enough that I could be apart of it. It would have been a wonderful session, if it wasn't for my stinking allergies. They have been killing me lately!!! When I got back to the apartment around 12:30, Jay & Kennedy had made it here. I knew that I was missing them, but I didn't realize how much until they were finally here. It is so nice to have them here, I am already dreading the end of this weekend when they have to head back home!

1 comment:

Jaynie said...

Yeah that Jay and Kennedy can be with you and Talen for the weekend! Enjoy it.