Well, today was definately a Monday. Talen was unhappy for the first hour and a half, but eventually calmed down. We have discovered that Talen works so much better when he can't see me, so I spend the majority of my time in the family room. I can peek at him from around the corner, but mostly, I just listen from the family room. Sergio put him in the corner seat today and he said that Talen held up his head for approximatly 15 seconds. Also, when they put the neuro-suit on him, they decided to leave off the hat. He is showing improvement in his neck muscles, so instead of leaving the hat on and Talen becoming dependent on it, they have decided to slowly ween him off of it. At the end of his time in the monkey cage, after they took all the bags off of him, he kept his head in midline for 15 minutes. (This is great because one of his goals was to keep his head in midline for 30 seconds.) Of course, he did have a bag behind his head, but that isn't a whole lot of support. It was then that I realized that Talen was covered in black and blue. Now, it is not what you are thinking. Sergio put more kenisio tape on him. So with the left-over blue from last week and the black that he added this week, he is no longer a smurf - just a black & blue boy.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
So happy Talen is progressing!
I enjoy reading your updates on the progress. I hope things continue to go well and Talen continues to progress in his goals. Your a great mom!
Hey, I have been reading all your post. I feel bad, I didn't even know that Talen was having difficulties. We haven't seen you guys forever. I love reading your post!! It is interesting to read all that you guys are doing in your therapy sessions.
I'm glad he is progressing! It seems like this is exactly what he needed. I'm glad you could get there.
Hey Shelley, I've been following the progress (and obviously your blog when I found it last year) and it looks like everything is coming along so great! I hope sergio and nicole get well soon and Talen just does amazing. PLEASE PLEASE let me know if there is anything I can ever do for you up here since we live up here now. I would love to be of any help if you ever need anything.
Good luck! - Jamie
Post a Comment